Ho Ho Ho people!
It’s the most wonderful time of the year!!! This is just for funsies guys. I’m an avid lover of Christmas music. But there are also some seriously awful Christmas songs.
So here is my list of my top 5 favorite Christmas songs and my top 5 worst Christmas songs.
1) O Come O Come, Emanuel- such a gorgeous melody. Such glorious captivating lyrics. So good.
2) O Holy Night- it really needs no explanation right? Right.
3) All I Want For Christmas Is You (Mariah Carey) – Classic. Seriously people, if this whole album isn’t in your Christmas rotation, I’m not sure we can be friends.
4) The Christmas Song (Chestnuts Roasting on an Open Fire) – specifically sung by Nat King Cole. Something about Christmas makes me want to only listen to songs performed by any member of the Rat Pack. Please and thank you.
5) White Christmas- Bing Crosby. I’m a huge sucker for this one. Probably because I was in a stage musical rendition of this classic movie. Ahhhh memories.
1) Christmas Shoes- I know this is a positive message song. But it’s horribly depressing. I just can’t.
2) Little Drummer Boy- why is it ok to sing “pa-rum-pum-pum-pum” as a legitimate song lyric? No.
3) Mary Did You Know- I think she did. Cause the angel told her.
4) Santa Baby- so patronizing. So obnoxiously flirtatious. Who flirts with Santa? Gross.
5) Feliz Navidad- SO. REPETITIVE. The worst.
Sorry if I just got some of those stuck in your brain. See the first list to wash that taste out of your mouth.
Merry Christmas! What’s on your best/worst list???
To book a lesson with Shelby Rollins, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 615-866-1099.